Aloe Vera & Skin Care: 8 Benefits You Need To Know

Aloe Vera juice is used in many fields such as skincare, haircare, health, nutrition, and wellness. It is a versatile edible plant with multiple properties. The gel of the Aloe Vera is very thick and transparent. It is 98% water. The remaining 2% are nutrients: vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, etc. Aloe Vera is edible and is usually drunk as a juice, but it can also be applied directly to all skin types: dry skin, damaged skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, and on the body.

Aloe Vera & Skin Care: 8 Benefits You Need To Know

Aloe Vera: what is it?

Aloe Vera, also called Aloe Barbadensis, is a succulent plant of the Aloe family. It grows in clumps with persistent leaves that are rich in a transparent gel. It is known since antiquity and used since the first century AD.

Aloe Vera has been cultivated for centuries in the Mediterranean region, North Africa, the Canary Islands, and Cape Verde. It quickly conquered the world, being exported to India and China around the 10th century, then to America from the 17th century. Indeed, it was very quickly integrated into traditional medicines for its virtues, in particular on the skin.

What are the benefits of Aloe Vera?

1. It hydrates your skin

    In a recent study, scientists have shown that the Aloe Vera gel has great benefits for the skin, which is the reason why many cosmetic brands use the substance in their products. Rub the gel into your skin in order to moisturize it and soothe it without clogging your pores.

    2. It boosts skin elasticity 

      Aloe Vera gel promotes the production of fibroblasts. These are the cells responsible for the renewal of collagen, a substance that allows our skin to be and remain elastic. By participating in cell renewal, Aloe Vera helps to reinforce the elasticity of the epidermis. 

      3. Aftershave

        Shaving isn’t exactly a pleasant activity, especially if you have sensitive skin. Aloe Vera gel can be used as an aftershave, and it will soothe your skin and the small nicks that happen when you shave.

        4. It fights aging 

          A study has shown that regular Aloe Vera application improves your body's natural collagen production, the protein that is responsible for keeping your skin toned and youthful. Furthermore, Aloe Vera gel is rich in vitamin C, E, and beta carotene, important nutrients for your skin's health.

          5. Relieves sunburns 

            When we spend too much time in the sun without any protection, we're bound to get burnt. Normally, we try and soothe our skin with a cortisone-based product, but Aloe Vera has been proved to be much more efficient at lessening the redness and irritations caused by sun burns.

            6. It speeds up the healing process 

              One of Aloe Vera's most common uses is on cuts, wounds, and burns. Several studies have proven the gel to be efficient at accelerating the healing process. This is due to the fact that the gel can penetrate your skin better, renewing your skin cells quicker.

              7. It gets rid of dark spots 

                Aloe Vera gel is great at treating acne scars and stretch marks due to its ability to regenerate your skin and its anti-inflammatory properties. You can mix the gel with some lemon juice to reduce freckles and age spots.

                8. It fights acne 

                  Due to its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial properties, Aloe Vera gel protects your skin from the agents that cause acne. As we've said before, it's able to reduce redness and improve the appearance of acne scars. You can also use it as an astringent in order to deeply cleanse your skin and prevent acne altogether.

                  What you need to remember

                  Aloe Vera is a natural product that is abundant in good nutrients for the skin. Its gel can be applied all over the body and you can reap its benefits all year long. It’s for that reason you find so many brands take pride in adding Aloe Vera to their beauty products and various cosmetics. Make sure to take advantage of this natural remedy and add Aloe Vera-based products to your skin routine!


                  The Effect of Aloe Vera Clinical Trials on Prevention and Healing of Skin Wound: A Systematic Review

                  Dietary Aloe Vera Supplementation Improves Facial Wrinkles and Elasticity and It Increases the Type I Procollagen Gene Expression in Human Skin

                  Leave a comment

                  Please note, comments must be approved before they are published